University of Illinois – Ikenberry Dining Hall and Residential Programs Building (SDRP)
Phase One of the Ikenberry Commons Housing Redevelopment Plan involved the consolidation of dining and residential support spaces on campus into one central location, eventually replacing eight existing residence halls. This project involved the development of the 133,796 SF Ikenberry Dining Hall (replacing the Peabody and Gregory Drive dining halls), which seats 1,200 students. Features include:
- “Marketplace dining” that offers different cuisines at food stations
- Central location for student organizations
- Learning center with study space and computers
- Multipurpose and recreational rooms in a new, connected residence hall (Nugent Hall)
- The Ikenberry Dining Hall features energy-efficient systems that earned the building a LEED Silver certification.